I just checked and there are 14 amendments on the ballot which will require you to do some homework to make an intelligent decision.
Here is a sample ballot for voters in St. Tammany
Here are some websites that explain the ballots in plain english:
The Bureau of Government Research"
The Bureau of Governmental Research is a private, nonprofit, independent research organization dedicated to informed public policy making and the effective use
of public resources for the improvement of government in the New Orleans metropolitan area.
They have created a comprehensive report that details - in everyday English - each of the constitutional amendments on the ballot. This is the place to go to make a wise decision on the amendments.
SOS LOUISIANA DOT GOV
The Louisiana Secretary of State
Vote Smart dot org.
Here you will be presented with all the information you need in making decisions in
this election. It doesn't include the amendments, but is chock full of
information about the candidates and incumbents.
CABL dot org
The Council for a Better Louisiana
In depth information of both the candidates and the amendments.
LA-PAR dot org
Louisiana Public Affairs Research Council
For a pdf guide to the constitutional amendments click here
Vote LA dot org
By putting in your address at this website you will be given a sample ballot
to familiarize yourself with the candidates and amendments. This site doesn't explain the amendments, though.
1. Medical trust fund and healthcare provider base rate
2. Hospital assessment, trust fund and fee formula
3. Sales of property with delinquent taxes
4. Fund transfers for an infrastructure bank
5. Elimination of the mandatory retirement age of judges
6. Higher millage cap for police and fire protection in Orleans Parish
7. Property tax exemption for certain disabled veterans
8. Artificial Reef Development Fund
9. Tax exemption reporting for permanently disabled residents
10. Tax sale of vacant, blighted or abandoned property
11. Increases the number of state departments from 20 to 21
12. Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission membership
13. Orleans Lower Ninth Ward vacant property
14. Tax rebates, incentives and abatements
So there you go. Vote informed.