Monday, July 29, 2013

JJ Cale's Legacy

Every time I hear this song, I think of JJ Cale. RIP to one of my favorite musicians



From Wikipedia

Songs written by Cale that have been covered by other musicians include "After Midnight" and "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton,

"Cajun Moon" by Randy Crawford,,

"Clyde" and by Waylon Jennings, ,

"Magnolia" by Jai and Poco,, but I prefer JJ Cale's version myself

"Bringing It Back" by Kansas,

"Call Me the Breeze" and "I Got the Same Old Blues" by Lynyrd Skynyrd,

Like To Love You Baby [live] - Tom Petty... by XavierMuff">"I'd Like to Love You, Baby" by Tom Petty,

"Travelin' Light" and "Ride Me High" by Widespread Panic,

"Tijuana" by Harry Manx,

"Sensitive Kind" by Carlos Santana,

"Cajun Moon" by Herbie Mann with Cissy Houston,

"You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Kevin Ayers,

and "Same Old Blues" by Captain Beefheart.

No comments:

Monday Morning Smile