Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Outside of NOLA

A little over 50 miles south of New Orleans is Thibodaux, Louisiana. My daughter attends Nicholls State University there. A few weeks ago, as I was driving to pick her up, I spotted this little beauty
click on images for full-sized versions




Thirty miles north of New Orleans is my postage-stamp sized backyard. It hasn't really been lovingly touched since the storm. This year I will resume "playing" in my yard. The first thing to do is to give this little angel his wing back


A mile away from my home is Bayou Liberty. There is a new bridge under construction, to replace the old, hand cranked bridge



Katrina swamped St. Genevieve Church which stood on the banks of the Bayou.


Here is the Church in 2003


Here is where the new Church will be built.



The Church was ruined, but the oaks survived and look beautiful this year.

Twenty miles from here is the tiny fishing community of Irish Bayou. Katrina slammed this area. Although it's coming back, several houses still look like this, 18+ months PostK.

No comments:

Tom on The Summer of Love

  "The Summer of Love" .  One of the songs I remember was "The Rain, the Park and  and Other Things" by the Cowsills (19...