Saturday, October 28, 2006

Katrina's Lives Lost

When I started receiving the Times Picayune a few weeks after Katrina, I noticed a recurring article on the bottom of the front page. They named it "Katrina's Lives Lost" and each story was a short bio of people who died in the storm. I found these stories sad, yet I was fascinated at an inside look as to why these people stayed. The TP stopped carrying these stories a while ago and I was a little saddened that these stories would be available in the years to come. But I've found the the paper has created an archive of Katrina's Lives Lost at this site.

Thanks, TP and Legacy dot com.

No comments:

Tom on the History of Political Protests

  I've been saying for some time that this year has certain similarities to 1968.  While there have been neither assassinations nor urba...