Sunday, January 18, 2015

Resolution evokes good memories.

My New Years resolution is to walk my Deuce every day. (Deuce is a labrador).

Here's a picture of us at Dauphin Island

I've been doing great, only missed two days so far!

Our 2 mile trek takes us through the neighborhood where there is hardly any traffic and everyone waves to us. I've taken to carrying small dog bicuits with me to throw to the dogs along the route. Sort of like a puppy mardi gras parade.


As long as Deuce is mellow, this walk gives me time to think about things or think about nothing. It's very carthartic for me. There are certain areas that
remind me from my childhood:
This picture of pine needles on the side of the road brings me way back.

My cousins lived way back in the woods on a few acres on Hunt Road in Kingston, New Hampshire. It was such a wonderful place to be as a young child: plenty of land to explore, a fantastic swing in "the grove" and it was far away from the world. I'm sure it's a huge subdivision now, but back in the 1960's it was sooo wonderful. The smell of pine was everywhere! I will never forget our times there.


My first communion with my older brother and sister


I think that my New Years resolution was one I'll stick to.

No comments:

Tom on the History of Political Protests

  I've been saying for some time that this year has certain similarities to 1968.  While there have been neither assassinations nor urba...