Saturday, November 17, 2012

Why I like Autumn in SE Louisiana

We took the afternoon off and just sat in the front yard and entertained the dog and cats. I was able to slide through several magazines - even READING some articles - and enjoyed the sunshine and absolutely perfect weather. All in all it was a much needed quiet, comfy afternoon. Around three in the afternoon we took advantage of the light and walked our property and took pictures. What follows are our favorites. Hope you enjoy.


My life's partner enjoying this afternoon and nursing a bad sinus/unknown kind of funk.

Since I retired, my main job is to keep this goofball happy. That means throwing the ball for him to retrieve. He managed to do 3 hours of it this afternoon!!

Deuce!

We moved into our house in April and I just love the long driveway.

Now I grew up in New England and I know that their fall colors are far superior to the following photos, but we take what we can get. I'll take this type of color change in exchange for very short, enjoyable, snow-free winters.

Magnolia leaves



One of the three stunning live oaks that grace our property.

Where pinecones come from :)

What did you do today?












No comments:

Monday Morning Smile