Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Scuzzbucket of the Week

I realized I haven't had a scuzzbucket of the week for a while now, but I PROMISE to be more consistent after the 25th when I am laid-off/retire from Lockheed Martin at the Michoud Assembly Facility.

The winner this week is none other than that obnoxious Louisiana native Terry Bradshaw.



While perusing social media I came across this and it made me want to spit (something I don't usually do). Check it out:
Taken from WWL radio website:

Former NFL quarterback and Fox Sports commentator Terry Bradshaw has some pointed words about Drew Brees breaking the 52-year Johnny Unitas TD-passing record.

Speaking to WFAN radio in New York, Bradshaw said he wasn't impressed by the clamor over Brees throwing a touchdown in 48 games in a row.

“That didn’t blow me away...I’m not much on that stuff … I’m not into records, fellas. I’m just into winning football games. (The Saints) hadn’t won a game … I’m not into records, I’m into winning Super Bowls."

And Bradshaw had stronger comments about Brees getting permission from the NFL to allow Sean Payton to be in the Superdome to see his star QB break the record.

“I was a little upset that he went to the NFL to get Payton and everybody back to watch him break a record,” Bradshaw said. “I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me?’ I never would have gone and asked for them back."

Bradshaw say it was "disrespectful" to the San Diego Chargers and the family of Johnny Unitas to have Payton back in the Superdome to see Brees break the record.

"So break it, go ahead. Hell, you’re throwing it 50 times a game, break it. I love the Saints, I'm from Louisiana...I’m just against stuff like that."

Click HERE to listen to the audio of Bradshaw's conversation with WFAN's Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno. (The comments about Brees start at about the 6:30 minute mark.)


No comments:

Monday Morning Smile