Friday, October 05, 2012

Debates: Useless?

I was thinking about the recent presidential debate which aired on television last Wednesday.

Mostly, my thoughts focused on how totally useless debates are to me. Candidates can stand on the stage and spout of all kind of bull$hit just to gain points. And a lot of it is lies or misstatements.

But people go crazy over these events. I didn't watch the debate, but I monitored Twitter and Facebook while it was happening. I was so excited by what I was reading that I went to bed!



Because of his track record (including the fact that he dealt with a do-nothing House and Sentate), this man best represents my beliefs.



I will start calling Willard Big Bird for his stance on Public Television. This man is OUT OF TOUCH with normal Americans. But the rednecks and gun fanatics and Teabaggers will vote for him. Not me.

It's sad that people put credence in to the crap that comes out of debates. It's equally sad that the press drools over these events. A lot of Americans take politicians and pundits at their words, never thinking to fact check things. We'd be in a better place if they did.


1 comment:

Bigezbear said...

I'm with you on this. The debates are second-rate theatre. We know enough about these two already. What did either one say to change anyone's opinion?

Monday Morning Smile