Wednesday, June 27, 2012

RIP Nora Ephron

Journalist, writer, director and more. Nora Ephron succumbed to leukemia at the age of 71 on June 26th. I listened to a piece on NPR about her life and there was one part that really hit home for me.

Here is an excerpt from an interview done with NPR in November of 2010

"You do get to a certain point in life where you have to realistically, I think, understand that the days are getting shorter, and you can't put things off thinking you'll get to them someday," she says. "If you really want to do them, you better do them. There are simply too many people getting sick, and sooner or later you will. So I'm very much a believer in knowing what it is that you love doing so you can do a great deal of it."




For Ephron, there was a moment that helped bring that realization vividly home. She was with friends, playing a round of "What would your last meal be?"

(Her pick, by the way: a Nate & Al's hot dog.)

"But (my friend) Judy was dying of throat cancer, and she said, 'I can't even have my last meal.' And that's what you have to know is, if you're serious about it, have it now," Ephron says. "Have it tonight, have it all the time, so that when you're lying on your deathbed you're not thinking, 'Oh I should have had more Nate & Al's hot dogs.'"

No comments:

Pecker's Testimony

  David Pecker testified at drumpf's trial.  In the video above you can get info about what he said.  To me it seems like damning eviden...