Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bayou Liberty Spring

During our "running around" yesterday, hubby and I decided to take Bayou Liberty Road home. I rarely take this way because of the construction on the new bridge. It's a little annoying to sit for five minutes or more, waiting for the light to turn so that you can go on your way.

All of the rains that we experienced last week has caused some localized flooding as evidenced by these pictures.
click on pictures for larger versions










You can see the old and new bridges in this photo. The newer bridge - the cause of all of the traffic jams - is s l o w l y progressing.


I know I'm not alone in saying that I will sorely miss this image.



You can see the water has creeped onto the road at the foot of the old bridge.

Back at home, my decapitated baby cypress is blooming into a beautiful umbrella tree

No comments:

Monday Morning Smile