Saturday, January 12, 2008

Russel Honore

Russel Honore is retiring from the military.


He came to "fame" in the days following Katrina when Ray Nagin, talking to Garland Robinette on September 2, 2005 said this
Now, I will tell you this -- and I give the president some credit on this -- he sent one John Wayne dude down here that can get some stuff done, and his name is [Lt.] Gen. [Russel] Honore.

And he came off the doggone chopper, and he started cussing and people started moving. And he's getting some stuff done.

They ought to give that guy -- if they don't want to give it to me, give him full authority to get the job done, and we can save some people.


Notable Quotes from the fine gentleman who is Russell Honore

America needs to get over it. We can't control everything. We can't control the storms.


By-and-large, these are families that are just waiting to get out of here. They are frustrated; I would be, too. I get frustrated at the cash register counter when the paper runs out.

I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a reporter.


I told myself I'd stay in until I reached major, and then go on and do something else.


The preparations are what they are. We're here. The storm is coming. We are as best prepared as we can be as the eye of the storm approaches.


They went into stores to get food to stay alive. Looting isn't the right word. I call it survival.


This is a Disaster. This isn't something somebody can control. We ain't stuck on stupid.


We've got a plan, but don't confuse the plan with execution. We're doing something that is very different. Nobody goes around with 50 tons of water.


Who is affected more when it's cold? Poor people. Who is affected more when it's hot? Poor people. Who is affected more when it's wet? Poor people. Who is most affected when the economy is bad? Poor people. Poor people are the most fragile.


Worse things have happened to America. We're going to overcome this, too. It's not our fault. The storm came and flooded the city.


You can't vote that water out of the city of New Orleans.


And the classic Honore quote, one that made me actually put a bumper sticker on my car:



The man

Thanks to Mr. Clio for the reminder of this gem.

No comments:

Pecker's Testimony

  David Pecker testified at drumpf's trial.  In the video above you can get info about what he said.  To me it seems like damning eviden...