Friday, October 26, 2007

Reminders

Tim, of The Nameless Blog always manages to hit my emotional nerves. In his latest post, he talks about the constant reminders of the storm that happened over two years ago.

The stop sign at the corner, still tilting at an improper angle, bears the stain of the waterline that drowned this neighborhood two years ago, broke and scattered the people who made their homes here.

The smashed pieces are a constant reminder--as if I need their help. I won't forget what this place used to be and what happened to the houses, the gardens, and of course, the people shattered by what happened here.


To those out there who think that everything's normal here, I'd say we're a good 3 years away from being able to look around and not see something that Katrina destroyed. Maybe longer.

No comments:

Pecker's Testimony

  David Pecker testified at drumpf's trial.  In the video above you can get info about what he said.  To me it seems like damning eviden...