Thursday, August 30, 2007

Operation Eden

Clayton Cubitt has posted on his Operation Eden blog about his thoughts and feelings two years post K.

When people look at New Orleans, as it struggles to live, or as it withers and dies, I want them to think of their own city in its place. I want them to know that this could be them. These faces could be theirs. It might be a natural disaster, it might be war, it might be terrorism, and it doesn't matter how safe they think they are, they're not. I want them to put themselves in the place of these Americans.

And I want them to remember this feeling the next time they're in the voting booth. Because who you have running your government makes the difference between your hometown living or dying. Don't forget that. Your vote matters."

No comments:

Tom on the History of Political Protests

  I've been saying for some time that this year has certain similarities to 1968.  While there have been neither assassinations nor urba...