Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bitchin






June 20, 2006




Don't know why I'm creating a blog. I mean, I love reading other blogs, get lots of interesting info, laughter and tears from others.

Whatever

Today I've got a touch of the Post K mood.
I'm pissed off.

P.O.'d at the City of NOLA for letting the crime become so out of hand.

P.O.'d at the welfare hoes that are demanding mixed income neighborhoods where they want them.


What in the world makes these people think that they can to dictate where the government should build their homes?? Hello!!! The government is paying your way, you selfish bastards! Get a job, become responsible. I'm so damned tired of hearing all your crap!

I've worked for over thirty years to pay your way. Take care of your kids - bring them in at night. If you see something wrong, FIX IT!


There, I feel a little bit better.

The Katrina blues, that's what it is.

So many people still not living in their own homes. How do they do it, day in and day out? I work with at least a dozen people who lost everything. I've gotten over my survivor's guilt, but nonetheless feel like I need to be doing something for them.

Another thing bothering me is how this area is percieved across the country/world. This weekend's murder of 5 teens must have folks rolling their eyes, thinking how primitive we are. I know I shouldn't care what folks think. It's just that since the storm the only type of people you see being interviewed are the toothless yokels living in trailer parks or the overly dramatic angry women of color. But everyone was affected by this storm.

I need to get over it, I know. And I try. But driving thru it on my daily commute keeps it in the front of my mind. I can't articulate quite what I feel, but Chris Rose can. (and always does).

Thanks, Chris

Yeah, they care...
HOUSTON -- Former first lady Barbara Bush contributed money to a hurricane-relief fund on the condition that it be spent to buy educational software from her son Neil's company.

No comments:

Monday Morning Smile