Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tom on Desantis

 A few years ago, my older brother and I reconnected after a 30 years.  I moved to New Orleans in 1975 and he married and remained in our home town, with 2 other siblings.

Fast forward to 2020, a facebook friend contacted me to let me know my brother had health problems and he needed to have a leg amputated.  At the end of this health scare, my brother lost both legs.  

It was during this time we started communicating via email and facebook. My brother has lived his life studying everything that interested him.  He's a master with words and his memory is incredible, unlike mine.  :)

What I'm getting at is that I'm going to share some parts of the emails I get from him that make me think and smile.  I hope you enjoy them.


In this email, he talks about ron desantis:  

 I've said it before and I'll say it again that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis isn't ready for primetime with respect to a rumored 2024 presidential run. 

Waging a kulturekampf,  ('Culture Struggle',or culture war. It sounds more like the censorious nonsense that it really is when you say it in German), on cartoon mice, Black and gay schoolchildren, and the forces of the 'Woke Rebellion', which is said to be an attempt by proponents of the 'Gay Agenda' and 'Extreme Liberalism' to 'Cram' their values down the throats of God-Fearing Christian parents.  

Most thinking people see this sort of worldview as the paranoid fantasies of Christian Nationalists and the delusional conspiracy theorists that seem to be as thick on the ground in the Sunshine State as palmetto bugs which, as you probably know, are simply cockroaches with prettified names.  

          DeSantis recently referred to the ongoing Russo-Ukranian war as a "territorial dispute" and marked himself as antithetical to what most people would view as core American values.  DeSantis is an autocrat in the making and he seems to reject long-established Constitutional protections that have served America well.  He apparently does not believe  in such outdated concepts as Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press and The Right to Free Assembly.  And while he claims to believe in the Freedom of Religion,but only certain religions with certain political views.  

I also detect more than a whiff of anti-semetism coming off of DeSantis in the way that he conflates Progressivism with George Soros and the Jews who some believe control the world.

Evil begins with a  little seed that is nourished by the words and actions of people like Ron DeSantis and his followers; of Donald Trump and his floridly    anti-semitic dinner guests of a few months ago; of Georgia Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor-Green's  assertion that California wildfires were caused by Jewish  Space lasers operated by members of the, (Jewish), Rothschild Banking family for the benefit of shadowy financial interests.  That's where we are now,and that's why. I'm afraid.  Because that little seed is growing like kudzu.  

No comments:

Tom on The Summer of Love

  "The Summer of Love" .  One of the songs I remember was "The Rain, the Park and  and Other Things" by the Cowsills (19...