Thursday, August 29, 2024

Hurricane Katrina's Aftermath

 A little while post-Katrina (8/29/05), I taught myself html in order to share with the rest of the world how bad the storm actually was.

There was no Facebook or Twitter or ANY social media, so blogging was the only way to 

"get the word out".  I was inspired by a group of NOLA bloggers who were telling their stories during and after Katrina.  Some very well-written and heartbreaking stories were shared.  

I called my page "KATRINA's Aftermath" and was using the Angelfire platform to share my take on Katrina's aftermath.  Since then, Angelfire was gobbled up by Lycos and Lycos went to Hover and I haven't tried to figure out where that all ended up.  BUT my page is still there, under the Angelfire address after all these years.  I tried to figure out how to get the html for that page and others linked thru it, but I can't figure it out.  I may just copy and paste the pages over here on Blogger and hope for the best.

ANYWAY, if anyone is interested about what it was like - both in pictures and words - the address to my page is this:

https://www.angelfire.com/la3/judyb/katrina.html

Bear in mind that some links no longer exist, but a lot still do.  Some of the NOLA bloggers' stories are available thru links on the Katrina Aftermath page.  Take a browse, do some reading, look at the pictures.  

No comments:

Monday Smile