Thursday, April 29, 2021

Quite the Picture

 


April 28, 2021

This is absolutely my favorite image from last night. I happened to see it float by on Twitter this morning, but it wasn’t accredited, so I regret that I can’t identify the photographer. I’m sure we’ll know his/her name soon enough—I think it’s destined to become iconic. [EDIT: The photographer’s name is Frank Thorp].
.
To begin with, look at that perfect framing. The first woman Vice President in stride, backlit by a rectangle of soft light, with Old Glory also bathed in that light. She’s dressed to kill in a tailored suit, high heels, head held high, looking as confident as any Vice President in memory.
.
Her entourage leads the procession with (I assume) her security detail, then the Vice President, then behind her per protocol, the alpha males of the Senate; Schumer, McConnell, Leahy and Thune picking up the rear.
.
The two massive gold-framed paintings on either side remind the viewer of just where they are, of the gravitas of history, and what happened in this very place a mere 113 days ago.
.
Add a highly polished floor mirroring all of the above, and you’ve got a picture for the ages.
.
@frankthorp Frank Thorp V from Bruce Lindner on FB https://www.facebook.com/macbruce

No comments:

Tom on The Summer of Love

  "The Summer of Love" .  One of the songs I remember was "The Rain, the Park and  and Other Things" by the Cowsills (19...