Monday, July 23, 2018

Racists Among Us

A Korean woman was verbally assaulted with hate speech and spat on while riding the subway in Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York. 
Seulji Lee detailed the racist encounter in a Facebook post along with a video and photo of the attacker. Lee decided to share her story 

A guy was sitting right next to me on the N train. He said "Fake", "Get the fuck out of my country". But I couldn't make sure he did it to me since I was talking to a friend of mine.
Lee and her friend got up and tried moving to another train, but when they saw the man exit the car, they sat back down. However, the man was clearly stalking her as he reentered the train via the next car.



At the Coney island station, After we got off the train, he spat on my head behind my back.
- I tried to catch him. He shook my hand off, then shoved me toward the train and ran away.



A woman came to her aid and revealed that the man had also been acting strange towards her and her mother as well. She took a picture of the assailant, suspecting that he would try something.

Pending identification.


Monday Smile

Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, live in Denmark 2006