Monday, January 07, 2008

Katrina Cough

Got the Katrina cough still? I know I do.

From the above link
Led by Henry Glindmeyer, a professor of pulmonary, critical-care and environmental medicine in Tulane's medical school, researchers are keeping tabs on the respiratory health of 1,000 local workers.

The project, which is underwritten by a $1.86 million grant from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, consists of annual follow-ups. During these sessions, each volunteer will answer a questionnaire, undergo a noninvasive breathing test and wear a monitor for five or six hours to detect workplace exposure to dust, bacteria and mold

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anything new to report?

I've had a cough since I did relief work in New Orleans in January (few months after the flood).

I live in Seattle Wa.

Judy Thorne said...

Nothing new, just having to deal with who know what is in our air due to the BP Oil Spill.

Monday Smile